Donate on #GivingTuesday to help save more lives
December 2, 2019 | Category: News
We answer the call when you need us, we hope you will answer our call and do the same on #GivingTuesday, December 3. Without donations, subscribers and special event fundraisers, we would not be able to accomplish all that we do. We couldn’t provide best-in-class patient care without your generosity. We couldn’t afford to buy new vehicles as often as they are needed. We wouldn’t be ready and available to serve if we had fewer crews and vehicles.
The price of being “ready to serve” is expensive. With cuts in health care reimbursements, the advent of health care reform and the growing number of requests for service with the all-time high population of senior citizens who require more emergency care, now is the time for you to help us so as to be able to save more lives!
Here are 5 facts about Cetronia Ambulance Corps:
- We’re a nonprofit organization; 501(c) (3). Less than one cent per dollar of our operating cost is covered indirectly by tax dollars.
- We have 19 ambulances, 20 para-transit vehicles, a supervisor’s vehicle and a special services unit. Some of these vehicles have well over 250,000 miles on them. Each new ambulance has a price tag of $145,000 and costs a total of $437,000 to operate fully staffed for one year.
- We respond to more than 60,000 calls annually and we typically only get compensated if we transport a patient, yet we get called to many emergencies where that does not happen.
- Our emergency services area spans 160-square miles touching more than 226,000 people. Our non-emergency coverage area encompasses five counties. In 2018 our fleet traveled 1.2 million miles; that’s 48x around the Earth using more than 78,000 gallons of fuel!
- Our goal is to be on the scene of your emergency situation within 00:8:59. We strategically place our vehicles in the highest probable accident areas based on statistical data we collect so that they can respond within their goal. That’s why you might see our crews idling out and about the region. We allow our crews 90-seconds to get into their vehicles and hit the road when an emergency is dispatched to them. Every second matters is a motto we live by.
How can you help us on this #GivingTuesday or any other day for that matter? Click here for 10 Ways You Can Support Cetronia Ambulance Corps. Or you can click here to DONATE. And, to become a subscriber for less than 21 cents per day, click here.
Everyone can have an impact on #GivingTuesday! Join Cetronia Ambulance Corps on December 3 by pledging your time, skills, voice and dollars to support our life saving mission.