Job Type: Full-time
Salary Description: $62-67k Annually
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer the staff accountant will be responsible for:
- Coordinate timesheets and process payroll on a biweekly basis, and fulfill all other responsibilities associated with biweekly payroll, such as reconciling 403-B and worker’s compensation insurance.
- Distribute W-2s and annual compensation letters for all employees on a yearly basis.
- Accounts Payable:
- Staff Accountant in matching up invoices, packing slips, and purchase orders.
- Entering all bills into computer to be paid and writing and paying all checks when due.
- Coordinating and filing all paperwork creating an audit trail of all accounts payable activity.
- Bookkeeping and Compilation:
- Reconcile the bank statements at month end.
- Prepare all adjustments and monthly journal entries required to issue an accurate and useful financial statement at month end.
- Compile Balance Sheet, Statement of Activity, Cash Flow Statement, and Several Statements relating to the budget and other financial information.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with the explanation of any financial activity in question.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- Five years of related experience in accounting including:
- Public accounting
- Payroll and payroll taxes
- Accounts payables/receivables
- Financial completion and review
- Tax return preparation and experience including not for profit 990 tax returns